Workforce Programs Opportunity Grant
The goal of the Opportunity Grant is to help low–income adults reach the educational tipping point in high wage, high demand careers. Eligible students pursing an approved program may receive funds to cover tuition and mandatory fees up to 45 credits and up to $1,000 for books and supplies per academic year.
Eligibility for the Opportunity Grant:
- Washington State Resident (12 month minimum)
- Family income at or below 200 percent federal poverty level
- Demonstrate financial need (must apply for Financial Aid ‐ school code: 003787)
- Enroll in an Opportunity Grant approved Professional/Technical program:
- Business Technology Management
- Marine Deck Technology
- Marine Engineering
- Surgical Technician
- Social and Human Services
- Wood Construction
- Network Design and Administration
- Must be in good academic standing with a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher. Certain degrees may require a higher GPA.
To Apply for the Opportunity Grant:
Demonstrate financial need by submitting one of the following
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA); OR
- Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WAFSA) (if applicable)
For questions and concerns students can contact the Student Support Program Office at 206.934.3854.