Employee Parking Permits: Depending on employment status, employees have two options for campus parking permits.
- Option One: Annual Permit
- Permits run from July 1 through June 30.
- Available to permanent employees working 50 percent or more.
- Also available to part–time faculty on the priority hire list.
- Permanent employees will be automatically enrolled in in the District Transportation Management Plan (TMP) when they complete the payroll deduction form.
- Pre–tax deduction option is available.
- Submit the online form.
- Permits are available for pick up in the Auxiliary Services office.
- Turn in old permit when picking up new permit.
- Unless the deduction option is cancelled, the permit will automatically be renewed in July.
- To change or cancel payroll deduction, please complete the same form (as above), noting the change or cancellation as appropriate. Staff who temporarily stop working but receive paychecks should cancel the payroll deductions.
Note: no credits or refunds will be given unless proper form is used. No refunds are available if the pre–tax payment option was selected.
- Option Two: Quarterly Permit
- This option is available to part–time and temporary employees, including hourly staff and part–time faculty.
- Work–study and hourly students do not qualify for this permit, but can obtain a student parking permit.
- Permits are generally available two weeks prior to each quarter start.
- Quarterly employee parking application form.
- Take completed form (signed by supervisor) to the Cashier's Office and pay for parking.
- Receive the permit directly from the cashier.
- Pay for and pick up new permits each quarter.
- Part–time faculty on the Priority Hire list qualify if they work at least 50 percent. When employment percentage changes, please contact the Transportation Department for adjustments.
Note: The District encourages employees to explore alternative modes of transportation instead of just driving to work alone. For transportation options, please see the District website.
|Percent of Fulltime||Quarterly Rate|
|0.0 to 33.9 percent||$54|
|34.0 to 49.9 percent||$80.75|
|50.0 to 66.9 percent||$108|
|67.0 percent or more||$162|
|Summer qtr. discount for teaching faculty||See transportation office|
|Carpool parking rate||$91.50|
|Reserved parking rate||$261.75|
Parking fees include a 10 percent Seattle commercial parking tax and retail sales tax.
Employee carpool parking discount
- Registered carpool driver must be permanent employee
- Carpool requires a minimum of two people, commuting together at least 50 percent of the carpool's longest person's commute distance
- All persons must be of driving age
- All persons must be carpooling to Seattle Central or vicinity at least four days a week
- Complete the employee parking payroll deduction form
- Complete the employee carpool application
- Submit both forms to the Transportation Services Office
Additional carpool benefits
- Employee passengers are eligible for 12 FREE parking days per quarter
- Employee passengers may be eligible to use the Zipcar
Find a carpool
- Contact the Transportation Services Office for the on–campus carpool match service.
- Check Metro's Free ride match service at rideshareonline.com
New partnership with Zimride
Seattle Colleges is happy to announce our new partnership with Zimride by Enterprise to offer students, faculty and staff a private social ridesharing network. Zimride makes sharing rides for drivers and passengers easy. You can sign in, set up a profile and post your one time ride or commute to school, work, meetings or the airport.
How do I sign up and post a ride?
Go to zimride.com/seattlecolleges. Next, click on the green "Sign up" button and use your @seattlecolleges.edu email address to create a free account.