Allied Health (AAS–T) Program Overview

The AAS–T Allied Health degree provides a pathway to a health industry–focused degree, which has relevance for students in health careers. This path enables students to access high demand health care careers with access to employment and wage progression or continue into an applied baccalaureate program.

The AAS–T Allied Health degree has three focus areas: Generalist, Dental Hygiene and Respiratory Care. Students studying to become dental hygienists or respiratory care practitioners will continue in those tracks to earn a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Allied Health.

Associate of Applied Science Transfer (AAS–T) Degree 90 Credits

AAS–T Allied Health Generalist is for Students:

  • Who have already earned an Allied Health professional/technical certificate and seek career advancement
  • Who are interested in Allied Health careers
  • Who seek to pursue a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in an Allied Health Sciences degree track

Career Opportunities

As the health care industry evolves,existing and emerging Allied Health professions are essential for access to quality health care in Washington State.

As our population ages, the demand for skilled health care workers is greater than ever. In fact, 7 of the 20 fastest growing occupations are health care related, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Although doctors and nurses comprise 40% of all health care providers, the other 60% are allied health practitioners.

The AAS–T Allied Health degree in addition to a valuable allied health certificate is an effective combination where learners can attain career mobility skills by taking courses in management, education, and classic studies in humanities, math and science. This can lead to careers as clinical education specialists in their discipline, including management, medical sales and other options.

Contact Information

Allied Health Division
206.934.4347 206.934.4347

Seattle Central Health Education Center at Pacific Tower
1200 12th Ave S
Seattle, WA 98144

Mailing Address:
Allied Health Division
Seattle Central College
1701 Broadway, HEC
Seattle, WA 98122

Back to the Top