Seattle Central's Institutional Research provides three kinds of data access:
- A dashboard, which is currently hosted by the Seattle College District, but in development for Seattle Central
- Internal reports, which focus on faculty, staff and student learning for continuous improvement
- Other Reports, which are produced in cooperation with Seattle Colleges and the State Board or other agencies
If you would like to request data which is not available from the sources listed below, please submit a request using our data request form.
Institutional Research currently processes internal reports on–demand as capacity allows. Seattle Central is developing a proposed schedule to report student learning outcomes, college successes and learning.
Institutional Research also supports faculty and staff in surveys and their interpretation. Some studies that we have completed between 2013 and 2015 are:
- Facts and Figures Report: Institutional Research works with the Public Information Office to produce a report on college–wide data
- Transfer Map: Transfer Students' Enrollment Patterns by Time
- Student Retention by Source: New, Returning, Intermittent and Continuing Students
- Student Parent Needs
Data, including that above, and data from our student, employee and graduate surveys, is available upon request.
Seattle Colleges Dashboard
Note, dashboard will not display in Internet Explorer (IE). Please open in Chrome, Firefox or other non–IE web browser.
Other Sources of Data
The following sources include Central, District and State Board reported data available for immediate download and by request, depending on the data need.
Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) Annual Reports
The annual reports give each college's annual headcounts, full†time enrollments by program, completion and persistence rates by program and other demographic breakdowns for students, faculty and staff.
Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The U.S. Department of Education collects information from schools participating in federal financial aid programs on completion, persistence, graduation rates, enrollment, faculty and staff, fiscal resources, institutional prices and financial aid.
State of Washington Education Research and Data Center
Provides longitudinal data for that includes de–identified data about early childhood, educational, and workforce experiences and performances based on State of Washington agency data systems. The State Board of Community and Technical Colleges provides some de–identified data to this data set.