Transfer Students

Have you attended another college in the past and earned credit(s)? You are in the right place.

We are glad you are considering Seattle Central College. Now is the perfect time to continue working toward a degree or certificate by transferring the credit(s) you have earned from other colleges.

How to Re–enroll:

  1. Follow the admissions process for new students.
  2. If you have completed English 101 (at any time) and college–level math with a 2.0 or higher GPA within the past three years, you do not need to take the COMPASS placement test.
  3. If your college–level math is more than three years old and you plan to take additional coursework in science or math, you must take the COMPASS placement test.
  4. Submit your official transcript(s) from all colleges you have previously attended. We will check to see if credit(s) you earned can be applied to our degree or certificate programs.

Note: If you attended North Seattle College, South Seattle College, or Seattle Vocational Institute, you do NOT need to submit your transcripts; we will have them on file.


College Transfer: If you plan to transfer to a four–year college or university, we recommend that you meet with an Academic Advisor before you register. Our advisors will work with you to create an educational plan to help you achieve your goals.

Career: If you plan to enroll in one of our career–focused programs, please contact the program office directly for advising.

Thank you for transferring to Seattle Central College. We can't wait to see you on campus!


Back to the Top