Seattle Central College prepares students for life and work in a multicultural and diverse society. We strive to provide a respectful and effective learning environment for all students in the pursuit of their educational goals. Seattle Central enrolls and supports students whose status in the U.S. is undocumented. We recognize that everyone should have a right to access higher education, and undocumented students make essential contributions to our campus, community and nation.
Are you a Dreamer?
Seattle Central has a broad perspective, and the resources on this website may benefit you if you are an undocumented person who:
- Entered the U.S. without legal immigration status, OR
- Stayed after the period that you were authorized to be here, AND
- May have arrived at the U.S. at any age
Learn more about topics relevant to you:
- Understand the law, including DACA, HB 1079 and The Real Hope Act
- Funding your education, including your eligibility for in–state tuition and WASFA
- Community and advocate resources
Not sure what to do after college – or, for that matter, what to major in while you're in college? You're not alone! The Career Services Center's team of professionally trained staff is ready to help you figure out where you want to go and how to get there.
Consider making an appointment if you'd like to:
- Clarify your academic and career interests
- Identify connections between your major and career options
- Discover job search strategies and ways to research employers
- Identify skills and strengths
- Write effective resumes and cover letters
- Prepare and practice for interviews
- Learn to negotiate salaries
- Evaluate job offers from potential employers
- Receive feedback on your LinkedIn profile and learn how to use LinkedIn effectively
Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA)
Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA) offers academic and professional support services to students studying Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) at Seattle Central College. DACA eligible students are welcome to join the MESA program and take part in a safe and supportive community of students who help each other succeed! Our goal is to provide underrepresented students with the resources they need to successfully pursue their STEM education.
MESA provides students with the following services:
- Free tutoring and Academic Excellence Workshops
- Exposure to STEM careers and industry professionals
- Professional development opportunities
- The MESA Center, where students can gather to study, meet with tutors, make new friends and engage in science.
The Office of Multicultural Services supports the needs of students of color and students from diverse cultural backgrounds. We promote diversity, equality and social justice at Seattle Central College through a variety of programs, services, projects and courses.
The office works together with other areas of the college on student–success projects and activities, supports the teaching and learning of diversity in the classroom, presents professional development activities on multiculturalism and diversity and provides information on diversity resources for students, faculty, and staff. The Office of Multicultural Services supports the success of Dreamers at Seattle Central College with resources for scholarships, community support, workshops and other on–campus support.
For more information, contact Multicultural Services at: